As you get your uniform in the Air Cadets, you will be
given a pair of trousers. These trousers should be kept neat and tidy at all
times (especially when on inspection), to do this use the following
- Keep the trousers ironed, and kept on a hanger when not being worn.
- There should be only 4 Creases in.
- The belt should go through the belt loops so that the buckle is in your left hand before you secure the buckle
- The trousers should be worn at waist height (So not Simon Cowell like).
To attain a good strong crease you should do the following things:
- Place front crease of one leg onto the ironing board.
- Pull both ends of the crease and make sure no material is ruffled up underneath.
- Spray the crease with your water sprayer.
- Place a plain (preferrably white) cotton cloth over the crease and spray this too.
- Now place your iron on the cloth over the crease and press firmly, and slowly move the iron up to the crease taking care not to go off the cloth and onto your trousers. Repeat as many times as necessary to do the entire crease.
- Repeat the process in the following order: next front crease, then rear creases.